Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dave’s not here man

Dave’s not here, he’s in the USA living the dream.

After spending 8 weeks in 85 taking in the MX scene in California, Dave Hammond decided to head back to the USA in 1987 for another Motocross adventure.

He persevered for five years and this is his story as told through his letters that he sent to me.  These stories have been kept secret for years as he was always telling me… “Don’t tell anyone”

Five years of riding, crashes, adventures, crashes, traveling, crashes, bikes, crashes, girls, crashes, jobs, crashes, not to mention some bullshitting and the occasional crash.

It does get a bit tedious with his incessant “Geoff, you’ve got to come over here” comments, but you will find some interesting & fun stories in here, even if they are about Dave and I.

Print run now in progress and if all goes well will be available from my trade stand at HBBB this Easter. After Easter they will be available for posting.

$30.00 each plus postage. Yes, a bit dearer than you average Mills & Boon adventure romance, but that’s the life of small print runs.

Classic quotes – quick reference guide.
“From the complete works of Happy Hammonds 20 Golden Greats"
#1   “I was actually uninjured at the time”
#2   “I was unconscious for a while.”
#3   “I’m like a berserk, crazed warrior.”
#4   “Needless to say we had to duct tape him up”
#5   “The cops held me at the sheriff’s office”
#6   “Winning practice is the whole point of being a C grader”
#7   “I have found that I am at last talented at something”
#8   “Well we’ve so many girls all over America that we’re sick of them”
#9   “Well, all I can say is “Helmets should be compulsory”
#10    “3 unattached young girls sitting here going to waste”
#11   “I’ve been riding bikes everyday & girls every night,” 
#12   “I’m in love again, but don’t worry it will only last 3 or 4 weeks”
#13   “The bitch flattened my exhaust pipe”
#14   “With each hospital visit I’m getting less agro”
#15   “I’ll be racing in the vintage class next!”
#16   “If in my next letter I start talking about restoring Hodaka’s then come over straight away and save me.” (Dave now owns a Hodaka)
#17   “Get over here and let your little head rule your big head”
#18    “Dozens of girls in Sunnymead are heartbroken”
#19   “The verdict; a separated shoulder, a new one for me”
#20   “Like an experienced old dog, I knew I had done myself a mischief”

If you wish to find out more about these ‘Classic quotes’ then buy the book…

If you only buy one book this year, it probably shouldn’t be this one!
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/23/online-shop/56-Books-Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment